Page banner image

Re: Need advice: Timed swim in clothes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Rainwear and Sports Pool Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by wetchas on August 03, 2022 at 13:07:34

In Reply to: Re: Need advice: Timed swim in clothes posted by Andreas on July 30, 2022 at 05:51:49:

Sportswear is great for swimming in. I prefer polyester trackies, along with one of those polyester T shirts. These garments are kind to the pool as they don't shed fibres or dye. They also dry fairly quickly, nd can survive any number of soakings. Find out what everyone else in the club wears, and go along with them.

Benji. I am interested in your situation. You say fully clothed, including an open jacket. Do you mean an outdoor coat, or a suit jacket/blazer type of thing. Are you doing this training in order to get a specific job, such as police or Fire, or is it for some other reason.
The outfit you are wearing will be very difficult to swim in, especially if it is all cotton. You say you have alrady cut the linings and pockets out, so there is much more weight saving you can do. I have never been i this position, so can't offer much advice. Incidentally, what type of shoes do you wear.
sorry i can't be of more help. please keep us posted with developments.
Cheers.
Wetchas.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Rainwear and Sports Pool Forum ] [ FAQ ]