Page banner image

College Introduction Game

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mega on March 03, 2024 at 21:02:04

So I decided to let my creative side work a bit. This story is fiction, but inspired from some real life elements. If you guys like this, let me know if you want me to come up with more stories like it.

This takes place at college, during the first week. There's an event that takes place on one of the main campus lawns over by some of the dorms. It was designed as an icebreaker event for new freshmen, but anyone was allowed to join. The event would typically have 30-40 people gathered in a big circle, and people were allowed to join or leave at any time. It would start off with some simple stuff, like introducing yourself, name games, etc., then move on to some minute to win it style of games, that might involve juggling, knocking something over, bean bag toss, etc. There was a table set up with various items on it off to the side of the event, and somewhere close to the middle of the circle of people was a small inflatable pool, about 6 feet long, 3 feet wide, and 1 and a half feet deep. The pool was covered so no one knew what was inside it. The event was hosted by a guy named Kevin, one of the older room advisors on campus, though room advisors were still students as well. He was loud and energetic, perfect for this type of event, and if that wasn't enough, he had a microphone hooked up to a speaker. Kevin went over a bunch of stuff at the beginning, such as the crowd is not allowed to boo, and anyone was allowed to pass or not participate in a game for any reason, as the goal of the event was to make everyone feel welcomed to college and comfortable, and not to push someone into doing something they didn't want to do.

After the event had been underway for a while, Kevin said, "Ok, now it's time for a game that might get a bit messy. Who is brave enough to get messy today?" The crowd was kind of silent and cautious for a bit, then a guy named Chris raised his hand, "I'll try it. It probably won't be that messy."

"Oh really?!?" Kevin responded. "Well, we'll see about that. Come forward over here by this covered pool. What is your name?"

"Chris."

"Alright Chris." Kevin said as he pulled off the cover of the small pool. "Do you know what this is?"

"Looks like mud." Chris responded, noticing the pool filled with some very creamy, think looking, brown mud with some minor water puddles on top. The mud filled the pool by about two thirds.

"That is correct. It's mud that I mad myself earlier today, mixed it up so it was all nice and creamy." Kevin said loudly to get the crowd excited as there were some slight giggles. "I also mixed in 5 letters," Kevin continued, walking over and pulling a plastic letter off the table. It was about the size of the palm of his hand and not very thick. "My challenge for you is to kneel by the pool and dig around in there with your hand and pull out all 5 letters. How does that sound?"

"Ok, that doesn't sound took bad," Chris answered. Chris was wearing some khaki shorts and a gray t-shirt with the college logo on it.

"Still not messy enough for you, huh?" Kevin quickly retorted. "Ok, ok, ok. I have an idea. How about we go off script a bit? Now, you don't have to agree to this if you don't want to, so no pressure." Chris got a bit of a nervous smile on his face, not sure what was about to happen. "But how about this challenge. I'll give you 30 seconds to dig around in there for all 5 letters, and if you find them all, you win. BUT... if you don't find them all, you have to get in that pool and take a full on mud bath." The crowd erupted in a combination of laughs, gasps, and cheers. "So, what do you say to that Chris, do we have a deal?"

Chris stood there for a few seconds, not sure how to respond. "Do it, do it, do it" Came some chants from the crowd. "Ok, deal" Chris said, shaking Kevin's hand as the crowd applauded the decision.

"Ok, it's on then. Get down by the mud and get ready," Kevin said, signaling the start of the game. "Get set, and go!" Without hesitation, Chris shoved his hands and arms into the mud. He quickly pulled out two of the letters and tossed them to the side. The mud squished between his fingers and covered his arms almost up to his elbows. After some time he pulled out a third letter. "Only two more left to find, and 10 seconds to do it," Kevin announced with excitement on the mic. A forth letter was tossed out of the mud pool. "Five... four... three...," Kevin began counting down the final seconds. "Two... one... and time is up!" There was a moment of silence from the crowd as Chris held up the final letter. "Oh, sorry buddy, but that one is just a few seconds too late." Kevin said as Chris stood up, wiping the mud off his arms and back into the pool the best he could.

"Well, that was intense," Kevin continued. "Now Chris, I know we had a bit of a deal," Kevin said as he put a hand on Chris's shoulder as there were some gasps and giggles from the crowd. "But I'm going to give you an opportunity. Now... I cannot physically force you to do this, and I'll be honest with all of you" Keven said, motioning to the crowd. "I would not be brave enough to get in that mud pool and roll around in it. So Chris, I'll give you a chance, because we don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable or pressured here. If you don't want to go through with the mud bath, you don't have to. What do you say?"

Chris was not expecting this and just stood there frozen for a moment. "Mud bath! Mud bath! Mud bath!" Someone from the crowd started chanting. "Mud bath! Mud bath! Mud bath!" a few others joined in the chant. Finally, Chris spoke, "I said I'd do it, so I'll do it," he managed to say with a very nervous grin as the crowd cheered the decision.

"Wow, alright then. Well, how about you take off your shoes and socks so those don't get ruined. Remove anything from your pockets. Now, you can't take off anything else, as this isn't that kind of college sponsored event," Kevin joked as Chris was getting prepared. "Ok Chris, whenever you're ready, get in the mud and have some fun with it!"

Chris stepped into the mud pool with both feet, the mud squishing between his toes. He quickly turned around and fell backwards into the mud. Chris sat in the mud shocked at what he'd gotten himself into for a moment, as the crowd roared with cheers and laughter, the mud oozing into Chris's shorts and down his back. Chris wiggled around for a moment, sinking his arms into the mud, then doing a full roll to finish coving the front side in mud as the crowd continued to cheer for more. Back into a sitting position, he sank into the mud until his shoulders were completely covered, as if there was still a dry spot there. Then grabbing two handfuls of mud, he smeared it in his hair and down his face. He finally stood up, laughing to himself as mud dripped down his completely covered body.

"Alright everyone, let's give it up for Chris one more time for doing that. You look great!" Kevin shouted as the crowd applauded. "Hey, since we're so far off the script already, I have to wonder, is there anyone else in this crowd crazy enough to do what Chris did and get in the mud?" Kevin looked around and saw one other guy raise his hand and step forward. He was wearing a dark neon pink long sleeve shirt, and red knee length basketball shorts. "Oh my, we found someone!" Kevin exclaimed. "Tell me, what is your name and what makes you want to do this?"

"My name is Quincy," came his response, "And he just made it look fun. A little mud never hurt anyone."

Kevin gave Quincy the same instructions about removing shoes and socks and emptying his pockets, then when he was ready, Quincy did a belly flop right into the mud pool, getting another great reaction from the crowd. Quincy made sure to roll around and get himself completely covered like Chris did, including his hair and face. After Kevin has the crowd give the two mud covered guys another round of applause, Chris and Quincy return to the circle and begin a conversation.

"Hey Quincy, what made you really want to take a mud bath?" Chris questioned.

"Well, seeing you do it reminded me of when I was a kid and enjoyed playing in the mud." Quincy answered. "What made you keep challenging him to make the game messier?"

"I wasn't."

"Huh?!?"

"The truth is, I'm kinda nervous and shy. I'm new here at college and I wanted this to be like a fresh start for me, and to try new things that I've never done before." Chris explained. "So I don't normally volunteer to be the center of attention like this, or for messy things, so I thought I'd give this a try. Unlike you, I never played in the mud as a kid or really got that dirty. When I said it wouldn't be that messy or didn't sound too bad, I was just trying to talk myself into it. I never meant it to be a challenge, but after he brought up the mud bath, I realized how phrasing it that way made it sound."

"But you still went through with it, how come? He even gave you the chance to back out of it." Quincy kept pressing for answers.

"Well, after saying what I said and being in the middle of the group like that, I just felt like I couldn't say no, and I didn't want to seem afraid. So I just went for it. I was initially thinking I would get in the mud slowly, like on my knees first and try to avoid getting my clothes muddy, but if I did that, I probably would have chickened out at going all the way like this. So instead I just thought I'd just fall backwards into it, then I was so muddy that I figured I may as well go all the way and roll around in it."

"Well that was really brave of you to do that."

"You really think so Quincy?"

"Are you kidding me? Look at you, you're completely covered in mud." Quincy exclaimed as Chris laughed a bit. "You didn't see that many people getting muddy or even volunteering for a messy game."

"Thanks Quincy," Chris said, smiling a bit. "You think we should go get cleaned up now?"

"Yeah, probably."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]