Page banner image

Recovering from injury

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WMT on September 19, 2022 at 19:55:28

Since mid June I’ve been recovering from a fractured ankle… actually happened during some mud fun. After I was out of my boot for 8 weeks, I was switched to an ankle brace with multiple straps going around the ankle and foot which is quite bulky but does help stabilize the ankle as I continue this slow healing process. Shoes have been an issue during this time as they really don’t fit with the brace. I tend to stay barefoot with the brace at home and office and wear untied running shoes when I have to squeeze some on. My doctor did allow me to start exercising again now with the brace on but limited me to 30 or 40 minutes of walking/ light jogging. I’ve never minded not wearing shoes but I couldn’t really be on sidewalks and pavement barefoot for exercise. Thankfully I remembered a park that I have occasionally frequented that has about 4 soccer fields side by side that is a large open well tended grass area. These fields sit down in a lower area surrounded by high berms but are typically well drained except in a few areas that stay wet during our south Florida rainy season. Also between each field the ground slopes to help the fields stay dryer. So for a few weeks now I’ve been walking and slow jogging around these fields barefoot in my brace. Enjoying the soft grass and occasionally mud and puddles on my bare feet. During the last week I’ve been fortunate to be caught in a rain storm or two during my exercise. The low areas fill up quickly and make it nice and sloppy. When jogging, I love the mud on my feet which splatters up my legs and thighs… up to my shorts too if nice and wet. Once I’ve put in enough time for cardio and not content with just the mud splatters, I haven’t been able to resist a few “accidental” falls. Once that happens, it’s game on and I find the muddiest areas to run into and go down chest first with my arms out and get splattered all over. Today may have been the best day so far as we’ve had enough good soaking rains which has kept the lower areas sloppy and wet. I try to get in a number of good body slides one I start. Can’t resist the feeling of splashing into the mud and getting my white ball cap and sunglasses splashed along with full frontal mud

I keep several changes of exercise clothes in my car so I can head over anytime I’m free. I often layer so I can sweat more during the process… a Nike sleeveless compression shirt with a long sleeve tee over that and a football practice jersey, under armor running shorts with built in liner and barefoot, and a white baseball cap.

As much as I’ve always enjoyed good mud play, I’ve forgotten how awesome it is bare foot and mud caked all over them.

Stay sloppy!

WMT

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]