Page banner image

Jean Pool?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on September 04, 2022 at 00:16:11

It's Labor Day weekend here in the good ole U.S. of A and considered by many to be the unofficial end of summer - even if the calendar says otherwise. My wacky wet moments will be grinding down to a trickle so I decided to celebrate each day getting wet or muddy. So yesterday, Friday, I decided to go to the lake. I put on my favorite swim suit consisting of Lee vintage indigo jeans, Wrangler denim shirt (medium blue), light weight denim suit coat, striped tie. black boots, belt and hat.

It was gorgeous at the lake. The sky was azure blue and practically cloudless. There was a slight breeze that created tiny ripples and the sun was sparkling off them making it look like millions of tiny flash bulbs were going off continuously or like the stars had come down from the sky and positioned them across the lake looking up instead of down.

Despite the beauty there was no activity. I waited a bit but no boats came. I got thinking about the river and since I haven't been there in a long while I decided to go there instead. It was every bit as pretty, but different. Walking down the path towards my favorite spot sunlight was filtering through the trees and I could hear the water gurgling over the rocks and see it twinkling through the open spaces in the trees.. Since they are in the processing of lowering the lake the river was running slightly higher and faster than usual. Nothing dangerous and actually more suitable to my purpose.

I guess I should explain that there is a large rock at this spot that juts out nearly half way across the river and is actually a mini island as water flows all around it. Due to its size it diverts the major part of the current into the middle of the river but the water flowing next to the river bank is slower and the empties into two pools where the water is practically undisturbed but still moving and flowing - just not nearly as fast.

I stepped into the water where it came up over the arch of my boot and tugged gently at the bottom of my jeans. From there I stepped down into the first pool which I have always called "the bath tub." It does remind me very much of a bath tub as it is just the right size to hold one person, it's easy to get in and out of, and it's nice to just sit there and relax. It is not deep at all and when I sat down in it the water came up to my neck. Usually it comes up to my chest. The water was cool, but not cold, and very refreshing. What I like about this particular spot is that it is usually sunny and warm and you can climb out on the rock and sit or lay down and drip if you want.

I let the water soak through the layers of denim lifting my arms and legs out of the water to enjoy the wet and shining look of the different hues of blue and to feel the wet clothes cling to my arms and legs. I took off my hat, filled it with water and poured it over my head.

I stood up and moved to the second pool. I have never named this pool but am now thinking of calling it "the jean pool." It lies directly behind the largest part of the rock. It's only a few steps away from "the bath tub" but the difference is amazing. The major current is only an arm's length away and as the rushing water flows past the end of the rock some swirls in and creates a slight eddy. You can definitely feel a small tug. If you stick your feet out you can feel the water pushing against them and you could float on down the river in the current if it wasn't so rocky. But if you sit with your back up against the rock it is really quite pleasant. Again the sun shines in there making it nice.

I alternated between the two pools and then climbed out to drip off. But this time I didn't drip off as much as usual because I wanted to go to the little convenience store on the corner
(the river is just outside the town and it is just a very short ways before you are right in the middle of a metropolis with a four lane highway and stores and buildings galore). So I went back, walked in the store, grabbed a drink and walked up to the counter to pay for it. I wasn't sopping wet like I have been in the past when doing this sort of thing, but I was obviously wet. As I sat my drink in front of the cash register the clerk asked if I needed anything else. "Maybe a towel" I replied looking for some sort of reaction. "I've just been swimming to celebrate Labor Day weekend and the end of summer." Well it's sure a nice day for it," he responded not saying anything about my wet clothes. I took my drink and left heading home and topping it all off with a nice shower.

The river is such a nice spot. I don't know why I don't go there more often. Still not sure if I want to dub the second pool "the jean pool" but it came to me as I was sitting there in it and I haven't been able to come up with anything else. So we will see.

Today's adventures (Saturday) will be shown under Mud Pit).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]