Page banner image

Re: FlocFlocus vids

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on August 11, 2022 at 16:42:43

In Reply to: FlocFlocus vids posted by wetchas on August 11, 2022 at 09:08:22:

I agree - most people won't care or if they do probably won't say anything. Things have gone from one extreme to the other. In our lifetimes when we were young anything abnormal or different was kept hidden for fear of being ostrasized or shunned. Now, thanks to technology of social media, the trend is to tell everything and be proud of who and what you are. There is a lot more freedom and acceptance. People have seen so many forms of expression of individuality that many of us have become blase' about it all.
That doesn't mean people don't notice because they do. However as long as you are not doing any real harm to anyone else the tendency is to let you do your own thing and say nothing. We all know from watching videos on our computers that people do weird and strange things. Getting wet or muddy in clothes is pretty tame stuff in comparison.

I was recently contacted by a young man for some advice on getting muddy in his clothes and one of his concerns was the issue of privacy verses in public. He was seriously thinking of going out into a forest somewhere for the sake of privacy and I advised against it for two reasons:

Legality. If it's not public land then it is privately owned and he would be trespassing on it. The landowner might not appreciate his being there. If discovered it could lead to all sorts of problems that could prove more embarassing than he ever anticipated. Swimming clothed privately means you have to have your own pool, a hot tub, or own waterfront property. Of course you can always get wet with a hose watering the lawn or washing the car and you can always take a clothed shower or bath (not as much fun in my opinion). And even though you are on your own property that doesn't mean other people can't see you.

Getting muddy in privacy is harder because basically your only option is build or create a mud pit in your own yard which most people opt not to do although some true WW mudders have.

Safety. We have all heard the dangers of swimming alone a million times and what can happen so I won't repeat them here. But I don't think most people are aware of how deceiving and dangerous mud can be. It is often deeper than one thinks. It is very easy to get stuck in mud and you can get seriously injured trying to extricate yourself. Worse you might not be able to extricate yourself and die from exposure or drown in tidal mud when the water rises and flows back in. I have been stuck in relatively shallow mud numerous times. It sucks around your feet and it is practically impossible to pull them out.

So I vote for public in most cases. There is greater accessibility and public swimming spots often have lifeguards or at least other people who can call for help if needed. Likewise most public mud events usually have some sort of medical crew on the premises in the event of accident or injury. There is definitely safety in numbers. Besides you might very well meet a like minded person you just might join you. Birds of a feather flock together and that sort of thing. I have also met some people who are just inquisitive but very nice and the majority of my interactions with people have been positive. You might even form some new friendships. I have.

In public you will be noticed but most people will ignore you and say nothing. And no matter how private you think you are being there is always the risk of being discovered and usually you are not as private as you may think. Chances are someone can see you from somewhere. Occasionally there may be someone who complains or makes a derogatory remark. Just tell them to go jump in the lake! Clothed of course!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]