Page banner image

Re: Wet cycling in Cheshire, UK

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Radstar on June 15, 2022 at 09:44:49

In Reply to: Wet cycling in Cheshire, UK posted by Damp Slick on June 05, 2022 at 14:07:52:

One of my first wetlook experiences happened when I was 16. I was having a cycle ride when I met a friend cycling the other way and noticed that his cycling gear was totally soaked. He said that he had gone down a nearby track which led to a canal and had just lowered himself into it to see what it was like. He said it was nice and that I should try it.

It was some weeks later before I had the courage to try it myself. It had been raining a lot, so I decided to use the opportunity to have a "wet" cycle ride. I wore lycra cycling shorts, a tight lycra compression top, windproof jacket, cycling gloves, socks, trainers and cycling helmet. The bulge in the front of my shorts left nothing to the imagination. I cycled to the same spot.

It was not actually raining, but was very overcast, and when I got to the canal there was no one around. I found part of the canal bank where I could gain easy access to the water. I knew it would be very deep, even at the edge. Before I could persuade myself not to, I lowered myself into the water up to my neck with everything on, including my cycling helmet. It was very cold and the feel of the cold water came as quite a shock. But the feeling of water penetrating my kit was nice.

I swam out from the bank a couple of metres and then back to the side and hauled myself out. It was amazing to be soaked in skintight lycra and to have the material clinging.

I got back on the bike and continued cycling. Interestingly after about a minute or so, when much of the surplus water had drained off, my cycling kit no longer looked as if it was wet.

That was the first of many wet experiences in my cycling kit.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]