Page banner image

Re: Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dolby1000 on May 23, 2022 at 13:58:00

In Reply to: Question posted by Steven B on May 21, 2022 at 23:38:03:

I have 2 stories to share.
The first one happened in the fall of 2002 when I was between jobs. It was the first time I had been laid off and the job market was very slow. It was a dreary November day in the western suburbs of Chicago. I found an ad for a job fair about 30 miles away being held in a conference center at a Holiday Inn. Job prospects were dim in my field, so I had to start to think otherwise.

I wore a dark blue button down shirt with some sort of tie, gray Dockers, blacks socks and black shoes, not dress shoes, probably some solid black Reeboks. I had no intentions of doing anything other than going to the job fair in the morning and returning home. My mood was as foul as the weather.

Well, to no surprise, the job fair was a bust. As I was leaving the conference area, I noticed a sign that said “Holidome” with an arrow pointing down a hallway. Holidomes were large, open recreational areas built by Holiday Inn to attract travelers. They had open areas with tables and chairs and a large indoor pool. With no thoughts at all at actually using anything, I decided to check it out for future use.

It wasn’t hard to find and in a minute or two I found the large room. As expected, it had a large pool in the center area surrounded by hotel rooms on 3 sides. It was warm in there too, something enjoyable on the cold November day. I walked around the pool area, again, not even thinking about getting close to it, and in the rear of the room I found a hot tub and behind that, very well hidden, a two-lane lap pool. My brain could not help noticing that it was well out of public view. Being a weekday morning the place was empty. The gates to the pool were not key controlled, so almost without thinking, I walked into the hot tub and lap pool area.

I stood on the deck near the lap pool and allowed the thought to cross my mind. As the last few months had been so frustrating looking for job, I decided to think about maybe falling in the pool, with all my clothes, including shoes and socks, ON. This was insane, I thought, as I had no change of clothes with me and I would have to drive home wet, and, walk through the cold November air just to get to my car. I was further tempted by the fact that there was no one around, it was very quiet. I thought and debated for about 15 minutes. I sat in a chair and contemplated my next move, go home, or go swimming. At that time, I was very conservative and taking risks like jumping in the pool was going to take a large bit of bravery.

Finally, the decision was made as no one came around the 15 minutes I sat there. There was every reason not to jump, and only one reason to jump, I wanted my dress clothes wet. Normally, my clothed swims were only jeans and tees, nothing nice, especially a button down shirt and a tie. I needed something to cheer me up.

Before I could think twice, I walked over the pool and just went in. Didn’t even take my tie off. Being a lap pool, the water was just slightly chilly but it felt great. I was only in the water for maybe a minute or two and I got out and felt the water rush out of my clothes. My shoes squished so nicely as I sat down again. It felt so wrong and right at the same time. I loved it, it was the first time for the Dockers and they weren’t as heavy as jeans.

I knew I had to head back to my car and I was going to be making squish noises all the way. Still, no one was around and I knew a back way out of the hotel so I wasn’t too worried. My, that hot tub looked nice. As I was already wet, what the heck, I warmed up in the hot tub. It was fun sitting there as my tie floated. Yes, other things were happening, and I took advantage of the situation to deal with them.

Thinking I was pushing my luck too, far I got out after about 10 minutes and found an out of the way place to drip dry. I sat there long enough until I couldn’t feel anymore water drip.

As I expected, it was very cold walking to my car, but I didn’t come in contact with anyone. I rummaged through my cars trunk and found a couple of towels left over from some summer swims, so I didn’t get the car seats very wet.

It was an unexpected and glorious sequence. I went back to the pool several times before they inserted locked gates some months later.

This second story I posted in Wackywet almost 20 years ago. 20 years, my goodness I am getting on up there in years, well, here goes:
Here is what I did last night.

I am working nights this week. It sucks, but you do what you can.

Due to outside circumstances, I was dressed for work a little nicer than usual. I had on my casual black dress shoes, black socks, a nice pair of Dockers slacks, not khakis, but real pleated slacks, kind've brownish gray and a very nice Tommy Hilfilger Polo shirt I got cheap in Antigua last fall.

When I left work around 11PM, I was tired and ready to go home. As I walked to my car, I heard it. Faintly. PSSSSSSST, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh. . . . PSSSSSSST, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh. In the distance, sprinklers were working. I froze. I was dressed rather nicely and didn't bring anything to put my clothes in , or for that matter, I really didn't even have a change of clothes with me.

PSSSSSSSSST, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh, PSSSSSSSSSST, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh. It was like a siren from Homer's tale calling me. Come here, take a walk, we're only watering the grass, come, come, come, come, come, come, come, come. The air was still real warm and humid and still. It was quiet as only the cars of the cleaning staff were in the parking lot. PSSSSSSST, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh. PSSSSSSSSST, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh. I opened my car door. Really, I thought to myself, I was dressed to nicely. My black shoes would absorb a ton water and be difficult to get dry, and probably would stink to high hell if they got wet. And these slacks are still almost like new, as is the shirt. Is this really an outfit to go sprinkler walking? PSSSSSSST, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh......PSSSSSSSSST, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh.

Well, I thought to myself, against my better judgement, you only wear the shoes once or twice a month, the slacks are not dry clean, as neither is the shirt, you have both a towel and blanket to sit on in the car and you have on your favorite boxer briefs. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR, I yelled to myself!

I put left my cell phone and wallet in the car and took a short walk. I found an area where the sprinklers were in full spray. I put the car keys down where I could find later find them and checked out the situation.

The sprinklers were at the end of a parking lot that faced only to water the grass. The grass was sloped down to a little pond, of which the road was on the other side. The lights were on in the parking lot so I would not be out of view. PSSSSSST, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh, opps, that one got the edge of my pants wet as I was standing to close to the grass. Just a little wet though. The pants only had a few drops on them. Nothing to get excited out. Well, maybe a little excited.

If I car came by, I would be in clear view. Although there were a few bushes and small trees to use as cover. However, any headlights faced away from the parking lot. PSSSST, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh, well, now my pants were a little wetter. I wandered onto the grass to check the situation out a little more. I stayed too long and shortly I had a nicely wet butt and backside as the sprinkler behind me covered the area in which I was standing. I have to admit, my individual level of interest was growing significantly. Very noticeable. Well, now it was like leading candy to a child. Once the wetness began, well, I was going to see it through. There was a series of about 8 sprinklers going and I walked through all of them, soaking my front and back and letting the water run into my shoes soaking my socks and eventually, the shoes themselves. No one came by. I now had the pleasant feeling of being soaked, squishing when I walked and my clothes hanging all around me as the water was pushed through them. This was the first time, since the earlier incident in the friggin county park, that other areas had grown in attention to getting wet. Perhaps it was the nice clothes, I don't know, but it felt damn good.

Next thing I knew I had fallen into the pond. Hell, I was already wet. I was now able to float in the water in my nice clothes and shoes. I got in and out several times, just enjoying my pants becoming like balloons in the water when I reentered due to the trapped air and watching them re-attach themselves to me when the air was pushed out.

Our summer has been cold and rainy (I guess it has been really bad in Europe too), but last night will stick with me for a long time.

BTW: All the clothes washed out fine and the shoes mostly dried this morning in the sun and don't appear to have picked up any really bad smell. We have a product in the U.S. called Frebreeze (I'm not sure of the spelling) that takes the bad smell out of almost anything.

My car seat got pretty wet, even with the towel and blanket, but dried before I had to come to work today. Didn't speed though as how the hell would I explain my condition to a traffic cop?

It was an awesome night.

Thank you to everyone for sharing their stories, I love posts like this.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]