Page banner image

Last week in GA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dolby1000 on May 17, 2022 at 20:16:39

I was traveling in GA last week, in a city called Cordele as I like to take pictures and videos of trains. Cordele has a special train watching park where I can do that safely away from the tracks and not trespass on railroad property. Hold on, folks, this is a get wet story.

I can only watch for trains for so long before I get antsy. As I also like to golf, I decided to check out Georgia Veterans State Park. It was about 10 miles from the train park. Beautiful golf course that I made arrangements to play the next day. Leaving the golf course I saw I sign that said “swimming” and pointed south. Well, what would any wacky wetter do?
I turned south and followed the signs until about 5 minutes later I was pulling up to a small sandy beach on a rather large lake. Like any person who likes to swim, I try to have my swimming gear with me.
They had a changing room which was nice as then I didn’t have to change in my car. I was already in shorts and t-shirt but who wants to swim in that? There were maybe 2-3 parties there with about 5 or 6 in the still chilly water as the nights in GA haven’t warmed up yet (we set 2 records lows while I was there). I had not yet checked into my hotel and I decided I wanted to see just how chilly the water was. First, though, I needed my swimsuit. As it was a lake, I quickly checked the rules and there was nothing about appropriate swimwear on it, as expected.
I changed into my 559 Levis jeans, with blue boxer briefs underneath. I had on black ankle socks and my New Balance shoes. I kept on my bright yellow CN&W (if you know trains you know what this stands for) t-shirt. No one was paying attention to me as I walked along the hard sand (this is lake sand, hard and pebbly and not smooth ocean sand) towards the water. There were no boats on the lake and the water was pretty calm. There were no waves to pour over my shoes and socks. So, it was up to me. I allowed myself to take little baby steps until the tops of my shoes were just in the lake. They soaked thru to my socks. Then a bit further and the bottoms of my jeans were wet, turning a nice darker shade of blue. The was no lifeguard to bother me and anyone else at the lake wasn’t paying any attention to me, which was great. Another step forward and the water was past my ankles. My socks were now fully wet and water was creeping up my jeans. It was a bit chilly, but not too cold for swimming.
It took about 15-20 minutes for me to fully soak those jeans and start on my t-shirt. I would walk out every so often to see the jeans shine and feel the socks stick to my feet under my shoes. The t-shirt is a heavy one and I like the water pouring off of it. Then I went out and finished my dunking. The swimming area came to about 5 feet deep. I was in and out of the water for a good half hour. Then, I found a picnic bench to sit and dried for another half hour. I got a text saying my room was ready and I put a few towels down and drove 20 minutes to my hotel, still very damp. My plan was to see if I could get in the pool without changing. That plan was dashed when it was revealed that although the pool was shiny and beautiful and looked ready for swimming, they were waiting on some sort of city inspection before opening and they had no idea if/when that was going to happen. The gate was locked so the pool idea went out the window, still, it was a very nice swim.

I spent the evening at the train park. No one was around. It was 7:50 when the sprinklers in the area started their rotation. I had hoped to play around in them as they rotated through the area until at least 11. After being empty all day, wouldn’t you know it, some other person came around at 8. I’m shy when sprinkler playing and I held off, hoping he would leave. One area would complete and the next would start and I tried to be a bit discrete. This time I had on my blue Vans (never been wet before), gray socks, gray shorts and a black t-shirt. A few of the sprinklers just covered some lower bushes and had portions rinsing the sidewalk, I was able to soak my shoes and socks. Then, he finally left as the larger sprinklers came on to water the larger areas. Of course, I immediately started playing them. Within minutes I was soaked from head to toe. Now, I had two sets of clothes, including shoes, drying in my room.

The next morning I did another run out to the beach. Although it was sunny, it was breezy and a bit cool. Overnight, I had dried the Vans using the fan in the room. It was empty and I had on those Vans, black ankle socks, another pair of Levis, my gray stretchy boxer briefs and a blue t-shirt. Since it was cool, I had on my green hoody. With no one around, I carefully walked into the lake and soaked it all, including the hoody. I love getting this hoody wet, it is a cheap Walmart hoody and just loves the water.
The rest of the day I played a bit golf and watched trains. While watching the trains I dried the shoes in the sun. By the time I left for home, they were 90% dry. I used the hotel laundry to bring home dry, clean clothes.
That was the fun I had last week.
Dolby1000

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]