Page banner image

Hot vs. Cold

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on February 21, 2022 at 00:45:38

Yesterday was the annual Freezing for a Reason polar dip for the benefit of a local animal shelter. I have done this dip for several years but this year I did not attend - it was just too cold! Not only was the lake water cold but the air temp was only 21 degrees and the wind very gusty. I have no idea what the wind chill was but with that wind blowing across the lake it had to have been freezing. In the past they have always had hot tubs and a changing tent for the participants to use but they were not having them this year - probably due to covid So with everything considered I wimped out and didn't go.

It felt a little strange not to do it and I have been itching to get wet. So today I wound up taking a fully clothed shower. I wore brown cowboy boots and hat, indigo Levi 501s, striped long sleeve shirt, navy neck tie, and an indigo Levi jean jacket.

I stepped into the shower and turned the water on. It was a great feeling to feel the water seeping through the different layers, running down my body soaking through the denim and eventually sliding down into my boots. I hopped in and out of the shower checking my wet, shiny clothes in the mirror. It really felt great to have everything wet and clinging to my body and to see water dripping off my clothes and to watch the denim turn dark and glistening against my arms, chest and legs.

The polar dip would have been fun - it always is. But it would have been brief: a run in, a quick dunk under, and running back out. At least in the shower I could stay under the spray as long as I wanted and thoroughly soak everything and enjoy every moment. It was great to feel all those sensations again.

So in the battle of hot vs. cold hot won. Of course I missed the people and the spectators cheering me on and the mixed feelings of dread and anticipation right before running into the water. I missed the shocked looks on the faces of the other participants as they hit the cold water. I missed the costumes, the color, the comradery and excitement. But I sure didn't miss the cold!

I really enjoyed the warmth of the shower and the extended time I got to spend there in my wet clothing. There will be polar dips again next year. Will just have to wait and see what happens then.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]