Page banner image

Re: Has everyone died of Covid?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on January 21, 2022 at 07:45:30

In Reply to: Has everyone died of Covid? posted by Hank on January 20, 2022 at 17:28:42:

The only person I knew personally to have died of COVID (probably the real cause was pneumonia) was the foreman of the night shift at my workplace. Fortunately his replacement is a sensible fellow who isn't constantly complaining to the boss that I don't do all his work for him.

Despite the boring tourist weather we've been having the past couple weeks, there are doubtless some residual mud holes from the late December rains. The trouble is that my transmission died (probably not from COVID), and these days everything takes incredibly long to do. I remember a time when a transmission could be rebuilt in three business days. My car has been in the shop for two weeks.

I've had some interesting experiences with buses that don't run on schedule, bus drivers who don't allow me to board, and car rental companies that have no cars to rent, and some friendly, if expensive, taxi drivers, but alas none of them involve getting wet or muddy.

I hope to be back on the road eventually and to relay my adventures in the remaining desert mud holes and, I hope, the resumption of the winter rains.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]