Page banner image

Re: My Discovery Of Wet Clothes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wet Dude on January 03, 2022 at 09:09:02

In Reply to: Re: My Discovery Of Wet Clothes posted by wetjumper on December 30, 2021 at 00:16:51:

Hi Wetjumper

[Were your white nylon shorts unlined ones? I'm a bit surprised, but envious, that no-one objected when you wore them without underwear at school even when you were well into puberty (I gather you did). Especially if you ever got them wet?]

They were basic school shorts so no lining in them. I wouldn't have liked them as much if they had the lining in them. I was aware that if you looked in the right angle you could see my bits inside my shorts. No-one took any notice or did not say anything. Just lucky I guess.

[We were told not to wear our usual underwear under our shorts for gym and sports, and first-year boys mostly took this to mean wearing no underwear (we weren't advised otherwise).]

I don’t recall any rule about underwear or no underwear under your shorts at school. I did it as I liked the feel of nothing under the shorts. The only rule that I remember was you had to have a shower after games. My only regret that I was not brave enough to go in the shower in my full PE kit. What I did was have the shorts in my hand in the shower to get them wet through then when no one was looking when I was getting changed I would put the soggy nylon shorts back on then put on my school trousers on top. It was the only time the white nylon shorts got fully soaked at school. When I found the blue nylon shorts for swimming class I would keep them on in the shower then change into the dry white nylon shorts for the bus ride back to school.

[I found that wearing loose shorts with nothing on under them on a cold and windy football pitch could be very uncomfortable. Once my hormones were kicking in I began to enjoy wearing my shorts this way, at least on warmer days, but by now I generally couldn't get away with it]

Like you I did not like PE outdoors when it was cold and windy but was nice when the sun was out.

[One of my classmates was able to go on wearing unlined shorts without underwear throughout his schooldays, although he usually wore briefs underneath in cooler weather. He wasn't well-endowed (a bit smaller than average) and seemed to have no random "problems", so he never looked indecent.]

There must be more boys that like to feel free in nylon shorts than I imagined as a teenager. I wonder if boys still like to feel free in todays make of shorts just as much as our nylon shorts in our day?

Do you know if this classmate liked to get wet in his shorts without his underwear?

[When he was 17 he turned up on the day of the race with no kit, explaining that he had his black shorts on as underwear. (Polyester shorts, I think.) It was a warm and humid day, and he intended to run barefoot in only his shorts. His plan worked well at first - but halfway around the course his waistband elastic snapped and his shorts fell down his otherwise naked body. He struggled to keep going, trying to hold his shorts up, and was one of the last to finish when he'd expected to do well. As we'd only entered the minimum number of runners his dismal score still had to count, not that most of us cared. Later that day he was the target of a lot of teasing - I regret that I joined in, although I was envious of his experiment and knew I should have been sympathetic. By then he was wearing his swimming trunks (Speedos or similar, kept at school) under his trousers, which seemed oddly disappointing. I wondered whether he'd worn his shorts as underwear on other days, given that he liked wearing them next to his skin, but I never found out.]

Poor kid and bad luck. :-( I hope he got new shorts and this did not put him off his pleasure in nylon shorts.

The elastic waistband is the the first to go on shorts and trousers. When I am looking for new kit me looks if it has a drawstring then you can get many years out of them even when the elastic waistband has worn out.

[Just after my 15th birthday I dared to spend a hot afternoon wearing my dark blue shorts with nothing on under them. My mum stopped me at first, saying something like "Peter, go and put your underpants on - you're not wearing any, I can tell." Feeling rebellious, I put on a longer shirt, gave my groin area a quick wash with cold water to get some temporary shrinkage, pulled my shorts back up still without underwear, and went out before my mum could stop me again (she had her doubts but didn't call me back). Free ventilation felt very pleasant in the heat with no sweat buildup.]

On my summer holiday I would put on my white school nylon shorts and a white t shirt (not a school t shirt) and tracksuit. My mum did not like me going out to play in my PE kit “They are for school”. Had on my tracksuit so that mum couldn't see that I had my school shorts on. I would say “See ya! I’ll be back for tea” and off I go on my soggy adventure. When I was out of sight of the street I lived at I would take off my tracksuit and continue to a river or small lake a few miles or so from home. I loved the way white would react to water and in the lake I could float around in my t shirt and shorts. Had that enjoyable moment in my shorts more than once. Just before I got back home I would put my tracksuit back on as my t shirt was still damp and did not want to mum to see my wet t shirt. By bedtime all was dry under my tracksuit.

[This one pair lasted for many years, with the blue colour slowly fading, until eventually a hole began to develop - by then I estimate I'd had around 10,000 hours of enjoyable wear from them, which is amazing value!]

After leaving school I started to get myself football kit. My football shirts have gone through a lot soaked, muddy, gunge and sleep in them all the time. They have out lasted many of my cotton t shirts. I have no idea how many hours of enjoyable wear I have had from them but it is lots.

[Have fun! - Peter (wetjumper)]

There is one experience we both share. 8 of us got soaked together October 2001. At the time you were not a strong swimmer but you did float around and had soaked 3 outfits and all 8 of us had a great time getting soaked.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]