Page banner image

Re: Hello Ry.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on November 30, 2021 at 17:45:53

In Reply to: Re: Hello Ry. posted by wetchas on November 30, 2021 at 09:23:33:

In terms of federal mandates, the Fifth Circuit Court has put a stay on Pretender Biden's OSHA order. I'm sure this will wind up in the Supreme Court eventually.

In several states, including Arizona, this has become a potential source of conflict between state and federal authority. Governor Ducey has issued an executive order banning all public sector entities in Arizona from compelling employees to be vaccinated, but the municipal governments of Phoenix and Tucson and Arizona State University are defying him and ordering their employees to be vaccinated on pain of dismissal. I'm sure this will end up in the court systems as well.

Some private companies, despite the Fifth Circuit stay, are voluntarily complying with Biden's orders and are ordering their employees to submit. Intel, a major employer in Arizona, has issued such an order. I know two Intel employees. One has submitted willingly, and another is seeking a religious exemption.

In terms of compliance in other areas, it's hard to tell because there's a lot the media aren't covering. Recently a lot of Southwest Airlines passengers were stranded. The airline said it was the weather, but many speculated it was some kind of wildcat action by pilots and other air crew unhappy with the vaccination mandate.

There don't seem to be many venues requiring proof of vaccination status yet. I have yet to visit one. I think there was one restaurant in Scottsdale that required proof of vaccination to enter, but I had never been there. Public concerts seem to be a mixed bag. Garth Brooks will be requiring all attending his next tour to be vaccinated. Travis Tritt, on the other hand, has vowed never to perform at any venue that requires vaccination, masks or social distancing.

On Labor Day (first Monday in September here) I participated in a protest march against compelled vaccination along Central Avenue in Phoenix. Several members, fearing Antifa attack, had carried rifles at the protest march, but the main health hazard seemed to be neither attack nor COVID, rather heat stroke.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]