Page banner image

Cheating a bit

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by wetfinn on October 04, 2021 at 16:28:50

As the water temperatures are down at 10 degrees Celsius in southern Finland, clothed swims have become quite short despite of wearing woolen underwear etc. When I saw that a sports store had wetsuits on sale, I went to see what they have and came out with a 5/4mm long suit. It wasn't horribly expensive, but I thought it might be a good idea to wear something over it for protection, so I went to Lidl and found a pair of very stretchy, light blue jeans and a nice navy hoodie for only 13 euros each. Of course I was eager to try it out, so i put on some sports underwear, the wetsuit, a thin life jacket, neoprene socks, black wellies, the jeans and hoodie, a neoprene hood and gloves. Ready for the water I headed down to the beach and walked out on the pier and jumped in. At first it was a bit chilly when the water trickled inside the neoprene stuff, but then it became quite comfy. I swam and jumped for more than a half hour, it was a lot of fun. The floating pier is quite low, maybe only some 50cm above the water, and geared up like this I could jump in any way without pain. It's actually really fun to do a perfectly good belly flop. There were some people watching, I told a couple of them that I'm wearing a wetsuit and thus not being cold at all, they just smiled and one said that it looks fun, to which I said it really is.

At home I undressed and hung everything to dry. While discussing this with a friend, I got the idea of wearing the wetsuit for scuba diving next summer; normally I wear a drysuit as waters are pretty cold, but during the hottest weeks of summer a wetsuit dive will be great. And then I got the next idea, of course I will wear jeans and a hoodie on top of the wetsuit, that's even more fun. Just need to dive at some place with good visibility and bring a waterproof camera to get fun pictures. I also hope that I'll be able to try scuba diving wearing normal clothes only, I think I need to travel somewhere where the water is warmer...but just thinkin' of the fun, getting out after a dive, scuba gear off and then to the bar for some food and drink, wearing the same clothes and shoes (open heel fins will fit on top of Chucks hi-tops!)...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]