Page banner image

Re: A very WET walk

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on October 03, 2021 at 04:11:53

In Reply to: Re: A very WET walk posted by Wetnboy on October 03, 2021 at 03:25:04:

One downside to having a long tradition of workplace nepotism is that one tragedy can affect a large part of the workplace. A young man only 16 years old was fatally shot in southwestern Phoenix a couple months ago. He had no gang affiliation, no juvenile record and no known enemies. It seems the motive for the murder was financial, as the shoes had been taken off the feet of the corpse when it was found. It turns out he was related to three of my co-workers, both Antonios (Mr. Noriega and Mr. Lopez) and Pablo, so we were rather short-staffed the week of the funeral.

As I mentioned in a previous post we had rain last Sunday. Thursday night there were thunderstorms in the area, but we just got a lot of wind that blew various objects into the swimming pool. NWS now says there's a good chance of rain Tuesday night, but they expect less than a quarter of an inch. Systems tend to be weakened by the Coast Range, which is one of the reasons this is a desert.

Given my unusual hours I'm not usually available for Halloween at home, but I do take a bag of candy to work that day to hand out to the evening truck drivers. On Halloween 2018 the FBI visited my workplace wanting to question me. They seemed to have thought I had something to do with shooting up a synagogue in Pittsburg. Anyway I refused to answer their questions and eventually they went away. I was so nervous I forgot to offer them Halloween candy, though 2:40 PM is a little early for trick-or-treating.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]