Page banner image

Re: Billy Has Two Moms

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wetnboy on September 26, 2021 at 16:03:54

In Reply to: Billy Has Two Moms posted by Love2GetUWet on September 25, 2021 at 23:25:41:

L2GUW,

I like you have a traditional Christian upbringing/world view. I understand your concerns with your young (developmentally) GK.

Several things come to mind in this situation. I'm also replying before I read all the previous responses as I too can imagine you've gotten some on 'both sides' of the issue. This issue really isn't one you ever expected to have to confront and deal with. It is one of those "I know it exists in the world - but far from here". Well, let me first tell you where I live and where I was this week.

I live in Collierville TN USA - site of the mass-shooting at the grocery store - and I was there in that store just one hour prior to that happening. Our suburb is very conservative and Christian and yet that happened here. So am I surprised? Some, but not when I look at the world conditions now and realize that what we have going on everywhere is precisely what was 'forecast' for this time in history according to the bible. Same for the issue you now face in your neighborhood.

Let me further say I've just this year switched churches from always going to a Pentecostal or Non-Denom (Baptist leaning) background to go to a more liturgical church - Episcopal which for those in the UK is Anglican and similar to Church of England. It has some structure that the others did not have and I say this to tell you I've become close friends with one of the Priests and we've talked about the issue you face because he's facing it within the church among Priests. There are some among the ranks that he ran into at a conference that are same sex oriented and he is conservative and sees the same message you point out in scripture. He was struggling to deal with it among his peers.

Here's where I will tell you what I shared with him. It is not our position to judge as Jesus himself said He did not come to 'condemn' the world but to 'save' the world. I know you realize that, but how can you 'accept' and explain what's going on that you disagree with. Same thing my friend was struggling with and decided his position is to be a light and be kind and compassionate which he 'always' is and not 'pull' back from having friendships with those whose lifestyle he disagrees with but to let them know openly what his view is in a non-confrontational way and continue to show them God's love and friendship. I agree and challenge you to reach out in love to those ladies.

Now how do you deal with your GK and Billy. Seems to me that you should always 'invite' Billy over and tell your GK that you want them to be outside or at your house at least until you get to know his Mom better. Then what? I'd say the thing to do is to pray for an opportunity to be open with Billy's Mom about your beliefs and let her know you love them as neighbors and welcome Billy and them but are going to be a bit protective of your GK who is not ready. Respectfully ask her to respect that.

Now, another thought - sometimes people move in together and are just friends making the budget easier on both. Are you sure you are not presuming something?

Lastly, having been brought up being told 'how wrong' lots of lifestyles are and seeing my family and churches 'shun', 'condemn', 'criticize', and 'judge' people without EVER getting to know them and realizing they are truly wonderful people and DESERVING of our love and compassion as Christians instead of our HATE which seems a bit more Anti-Christ to me; I have to take the opposite and follow the true example of Christ to others and show true caring friendship without judgement.

In the process I've tended to realize that they did not have the upbringing we had and I also realize that 'we' are no better - we all have our faults and sins making us in need of the sacrifice Jesus made for us - none of us is perfect and if you'll excuse the observation 'not even the obese (gluttonous) judgemental Christians at the First whatever church - who come across not as followers of Christ, but rather more like the Pharisees in scripture who were always pretending to be holier than others and judging and shunning others.

Remember "Love your Neighbor as yourself" and pray for them and raise your GK to do the same.

Now I will read the other replies you got as I do want to see from what differing views people all come. We LEARN from being open to seeing things differently and I'm again not into condemning or insisting people agree with my viewpoints, but rather into compassion for each person and to encourage them to KNOW that no one has all the right answers and yet God loves each one of us so extremely much as we are that he sent his son to the world for us.

Have strength and courage and God will lead you. I trust him to lead me and for me this week I was in the right place at the right time and not in the wrong place at the wrong time. Do pray for our community here and especially those still in the hospital. Of the 15 shot 10 were employees of the store. Counseling is going on for all employees and the first responders.

Rest in the Lord God.
Be Safe all,
SLYC (Roger)
SLYC

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]