Page banner image

Re: Billy Has Two Moms

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Love2GetUWet on September 26, 2021 at 05:03:11

In Reply to: Re: Billy Has Two Moms posted by Ry on September 26, 2021 at 03:17:08:

Ry,
I only have a moment to respond, but your youthful view is highly valued :) !

I see my role as a parent differently that your dad did with you. He did what he knew to do and was right for him. My view is different - I've been given a clear assignment, and that is to raise my son (using old English here) "in the fear and admonition of the Lord." Understanding how to do that in the times we live is quite a challenge, and one I take very, very seriously, but I thought some here might have a view on this I might not have considered, and I'm open to new thinking. I promise you, for reasons I just don't have time to go into, for me to parent this boy as your father did with you would be to abandon him to the worst of things. He was born to an alcoholic pre-aged mom with a meth-addicted dad (my older son). They were a mess. That's why I'm raising him. Yes, they've both gotten their lives together for the most part but my GK needed parents, and we felt God's clear call to take on the challenge. Due to his pre-natal exposure to alcohol, his tendency towards addictive behaviors and substances will be significant, and we must do all we can to simplify his world for as long as we can so that he has the best possible chance at launching successfully.

I will likely read your post several times and may respond again,

THANK YOU, RY!

L2GUW

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]