Page banner image

Parkour

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick on September 23, 2021 at 22:17:42

A new experience the other day. I decided to do a power paddle in my kayak today so I went out and went for speed about half an hour down the intercostal. I was exhausted and my t shirt was soaked through. As I sat there recuperating, I heard some cheers at the far shore. I paddled over to see some guys doing parkour from the railing to some posts about 50 feet from shore and then jumping back. They were quite good and everyone I saw made it. One guy leaped backwards, flipped around and almost made it but ended up in the water right near me. His buddies were hooping and yelling. I told him to swim over and I will paddle to the ladder which would get him up. His name was Enrique and I would guess about 20. He thanked me and climbed up. He was wearing a muscle T and yoga pants. He ran over to do it again with the same results. I paddled over and rescued him again. I hung around and helped 2 others with their swim. The last guy said I should join them that I looked pretty fit. I must admit I wanted to. I climbed up and Louis, his name, took the kayak. I was in jeans and my soaked shirt and Enrique said the worst is I’d get wet which I don’t mind. I knew I could make the jump it was just landing and staying on the post that would be tough. Well, I did make the jump but couldn’t stay on the post and tumbled into the water. The water was so warm its literally like jumping into a hot bath in your clothes not very pleasant I must admit. Louis paddled over to me to give me a lift but I told him I’d prefer to swim over to the ladder as I wanted to try again. When I got ready to jump, Enrique told me to land on my toes, it would give me better balance to stay. Well I did that and landed perfectly and almost stayed but felt myself going off. I again went into the water. I swam and said one more time and landed again on my toes but this time I stayed on and everyone gave me a round of applause. I felt really great. They then told me to jump back which I tried but landed again in the water. I had enough and retrieved my kayak from Louis. He said they come here every Tuesday so I should paddle over anytime. I paddled back and was exhausted. My wet t shirt kept me pretty comfortable which was a positive.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]