Page banner image

Re: Reveling in Rain at the River

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on September 12, 2021 at 21:24:58

In Reply to: Re: Reveling in Rain at the River posted by Ry on September 12, 2021 at 17:59:19:

OK guys, here's the scoop. As Ry said I wear white socks only because for some reason my feet started reacting to the dye in colored sock many years ago so I don't even bother with colored socks any more.

However, this weekend I did not wear socks at all. Just stuck my feet in a pair of trainers and once down on the field removed them and went barefoot. Much easier to deal with working on the side lines on the chain gang and keeps footwear from getting destroyed. I needed to put them back on when going back up the hill, which is rocky and back to the parking area.

There was a time I actually stepped in the mud in my bare feet to retrieve a miniature football some kid had accidently thrown in and when I came out it looked like I was wearing a pair of dark brown socks.

I did not jump in the mud at all this year. Today I did not work on the chain gang at all. I got there a few minutes after the first game started and was headed down to the field when I heard someone calling my name. It was my friend Diana and her husband Curtis so I went and sat with them and we were joined by another friend, Mark. We did some serious catching up and as Ry would say, I skived. In all truth after everything that happened last night after I got home I was physically and emotionally exhausted and found it hard to concentrate on the games, so I wouldn't have been very useful down by the field. Saw some of my chain gang friends going up the hill to get lunch and called out to them and said I would be down later and join them. Diana actually asked me if I missed going in the mud this year and I told her honestly that I did not. First year I never had any desire to jump in. I got severely splattered yesterday I was actually glad not to have to deal with all that clean up and mess after wards. Never thought I would feel that way.

Not much time to get in the mud anyway. Half times have been reduced to five minutes now, which is not much time to do anything. A few of the teams and cheer leaders groups did some very short skits at half time. It was fun to watch them but I had no longing to join them surprisingly enough.

When I did go down to see my chain gang buddies I apologized to them for skiving but they had all been made aware of the reaso0n why and said they had it covered. They did have plenty of people. One of the guy's grandson is trying to get on one of the teams. His girlfriend said she wondered what the mud felt like. I told her by now the mud has been worked to a really nice consistency, still light enough to be buoyant and let you swim in it and not so heavy and thick and gooey that it made it impossible to move and it looked nice and creamy too and was coating the players really well. And I still walked away from it and didn't regret it at all.

Sorry this is not under the mud bowl forum.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]