Page banner image

Re: Pies, Water, Hot tub, family, therapy, oh my!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wetnboy on August 29, 2021 at 18:04:06

In Reply to: Pies, Water, Hot tub, family, therapy, oh my! posted by 74KA on August 27, 2021 at 03:31:37:

74KA,

Thanks for posting and being open. I have been seeing a counselor/psychologist for 5 months and also been on a Serotonin Increasing med. Both were encouraged by others from this site with 'experiences'. Yeah, depression sucks and comes on so slowly you don't realize it until some caring soul points it out to you and like you I've been raised in church to think 'shouldn't need that' or something wrong with people needing that. Well, I've come a long way and credit those friends for saving me from 'the worst' by getting me to obtain help.

Now, I've learned several things: People (including bosses) are much more understanding that you think they will be. You don't have to 'open up' to 'everyone' and should chose wisely. Many more people than YOU realize have been thru similar. EVERYBODY's BROKEN whether they slow down to realize it or not.

Our friend Ry has taught me a few keys - as follows: NOTHING is worthy of getting SO worked up and upset about - just have to adjust and learn to 'roll with things' AND set your priorities to 'take care of yourself by doing things that make YOU happy instead of ALWAYS things that others EXPECT from you.

My counselor / psychologist has given me assignments to write letters to family, boss, and let things out from the past which has been very cleansing. I've done that and gone to church and 'left the pain and hurt' from many things at the altar - I'm done with it and don't want it anymore.

I am a much different person now that 5 months ago when I was very depressed and suffering a lot of bad thoughts no one ever wants to have. I just went to the Psychiatrist this week who manages the meds and described myself as 'happier' now than most the people around me at work, in the family, etc. It shows, the counselor has commented on it, and the Doc is planning to reduce meds next month.

I see people and things so differently. I think it is a very positive thing you are doing. I do pray you will have wisdom in who you share it with and that God will lead you to open up to those who can be a terrific support system for you.

If I can help - let me know - and I'll kick you my email.

Stay Safe,

SLYC (Roger)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]